What is SharePoint?
Which web browser does SharePoint work on?
It works on Internet Explorer, Chrome or Firefox.
Many organisations use SharePoint to create their Intranet or document sharing solution.
SharePoint actually consists of a number of software products with the two primary technologies being;
- SharePoint Online. The Microsoft-hosted cloud version which is part of the Office 365 solution set
- SharePoint Server 2013 or 2016, the on-premise installed solution
Instead of installing and deploying SharePoint Server on-premises, any business can subscribe to an Office 365 plan or to the standalone SharePoint Online service.
Your employees can create sites to securely share documents and information with colleagues, partners, and customers.
It includes features to create many types of websites where you can collaborate on web pages, documents, lists, calendars, and data.
It also offers features and capabilities such as
- Enterprise Content Management
- Business intelligence
- Enterprise search
- Personal sites
- News feed
The benefits of SharePoint
Many organisations have SharePoint but we find many just do not make effective use of its capabilities. SharePoint is all about sharing data and collaboration making it the perfect platform to help those involved in projects, programmes and portfolio management.
If you are looking to improve or achieve any of the following, then SharePoint is the solution for you:
- Document sharing & version control
- Ability to set permissions to view, edit & create project sites, documents, lists, announcements, and project task lists
- Create specific online areas for project teams to manage their documents
- Replace Microsoft Excel based project logs such as risk, issue, change, lessons learned with something that can be accessed by multiple people at the same time with a lot of extra features
- Ability to create automatic highlight, programme and portfolio reports
- Ability to create task lists, detailed project plans and Gantt charts with or without Microsoft Project
- Give project teams a standard consistent Project website template to help manage successfully
- Give project teams standard consistent document templates such as Business Case, PID, Change Request, Exceptions Report and Closure Report
- Automatically create PMO assurance reports on all live projects
- Retain a central PMO Portal site for guidance, training and lessons learned information
- Ability to use automated workflow to channel approvals or email updates to the right people at the right time
There are many other great benefits for all those involved in project management. SharePoint can be the trigger to a wider project management maturity improvement.
We can transform your project management tool set in a very short space of time.
SharePoint PRIME is deployment approach with enhanced functionality to get you up and running with the solution in the quickest time possible.
SharePoint PRIME can be used on your existing on-premise environment or Office 365 tenant.
Don’t worry if you don’t already have either of these as we can complete an on-premise installation or setup your Microsoft cloud solution for you.