Synchronise Team Foundation Server with Project Server
So the PMO can continue using Microsoft Project Server to access up-to-date project status and resource availability across agile and formal software teams who work in Team Foundation. This integration allows data to sync from work items in Team Foundation Server (TFS) to tasks in enterprise project plans in Project Server.
Benefits of integrating TFS with Project Server
Integrating TFS and Project Server can become a substantial advantage for organisations that want to bridge the collaboration gap between their project management offices (PMO) and their software development teams. By integrating the two solutions, teams can work together seamlessly in the following ways:
- Acquire the latest insight into portfolio execution, alignment with strategic objectives, and resource usage of software development projects by utilising the data in different systems.
- Automate the sharing of project information across teams, and bring together teams that use different project methodologies, such as waterfall and agile, through common data and agreed-upon metrics.
- Enable software development and project management teams to collaborate and share project timelines and progress by using known tools such as Visual Studio, Microsoft Project, and SharePoint.
- Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2013
- Microsoft Project Server 2010 (SP1) or 2013
- Microsoft Project Professional 2010 or 2013