Project Management Training Topics & Courses
Our courses become your courses. We create practical content that supports your approach to project management. For some clients this means training out their well-defined project management methodology, for others this may mean we provide support in defining a simple, fit for purpose consistent approach to selecting, managing and closing projects. Our fixed price Project Methodology PRIME service does exactly that.
Our library of over 10 days of project management training material enable you to cherry pick the exact content you want. Our courses focus on providing practical benefit to attendees enabling them to immediately apply what they have learnt directly on their projects the next day. Course exercises are based on attendees own experiences, not generic scenarios.
As an Accredited APM Training Provider we can incorporate the APM Foundation qualification as part of the training enabling participants to gain a formally recognised professional qualification.
Importantly we also provide joint copyright ownership, enabling you to copy & distribute material as you need throughout your organisation. This also means we are very happy to transition training to your own internal training team if you wish.
Example Training Courses
- Successful Project Management
Aimed at Project Managers with no formal training this course starts from first principles and leads delegates through all core project management topics to equip them with the essential practical skills. Topics include; building a high level plan, understanding critical path, the project lifecycle, the role of the PM and Sponsor, developing a RACI matrix, practical issue & risk management, scope and project definition, managing change, team & leadership skills, reporting and stakeholder management
Duration: 2 days
- Project Management Essentials
designed to provide those involved in projects with a clear understanding of the benefits of formal project management tools & techniques through a condensed 1 day course. This course introduces project management from first principles so assumes no existing knowledge. The emphasis is always on practical skills so topics include building a high level plan, assessing risks, managing stakeholders, and dealing with change.
Duration: 1 day
- Manage Your Stakeholders
Designed for Project and Programme Managers this course provides a practical masterclass in stakeholder management, project communication, project marketing and reporting
Duration: ½ day
- Successful Project Sponsorship
Designed for Senior Manages taking on the role of Sponsor. What are their responsibilities and how do they support the Project Manager? The important of appropriate project governance is included along with guidance as to what to expect from their Project Managers
Duration: ½ day
- Introduction to Project Management and the Time, Cost, Quality Triangle
- The Project Lifecycle & Key PM Activities Within Each Phase
- Project Roles & Responsibilities & Using the RACI Matrix
- Starting Projects Successfully, including Scope Definition
- Building a High-level Deliverable Based Project Plan
- Critical Path Analysis & Best Practice Project Planning
- Deliverable Definitions
- Risk & Issue Management
- Change Control Management
- Using a RAID Log
- Cost & Contingency Management
- Stakeholder Management
- Project Communication
- Project Reporting
- Understanding Project Team Leadership
- Understanding Project Team Development
- Why Do Projects Fail?
- What Makes a Good Project Manager?
- Enterprise Project Management
- Benefits Realisation
- Developing a Business Case, including ROI & NPV
- Programme Management Essentials, including Dashboard Reporting
- Planning with MS Project
- Advanced features of MS Project
- Project Quality Management