Legal Project Management Training
Wellingtone provides practical project management training and formal qualifications to law firms. The one-day legal project management course is packed full of practical exercises delegates apply techniques on their own projects throughout the day.
We customise the course further to align with the methods & templates of each firm so this is not a public course, but a client specific offering.
The rapidly growing interest in project management from the legal profession has resulted in Wellingtone working with a number of industry leaders in the last few years and this has culminated in us being able to offer a customised course specifically designed for lawyers and other legal industry professionals.
Our course includes Legal Project Management document templates and a Microsoft Excel LPM Toolkit that all delegates are free to use.
This course can be delivered as a standalone service and this document provides a summary of our standard Legal Project Management course.
Many clients take this as an opportunity to not just deliver training, but to establish project management as a core business processes.
We are experts in helping organisations increase their project management maturity through a defined project management maturity road map.
Our Expertise Within This Industry
Wellingtone has worked with a number of leading law firms including Ince & Co, Stephenson Harwood, DLA Piper, Watson Farley Williams and has delivered extensive training for The University of Law.
“Very informative, will definitely use and benefit from the course. The Wellingtone Trainer was excellent.”
“I have learned a lot that will help me in my day-to-day job, so I feel this course was beneficial to me.”
“The slides were good but the Trainer’s presentation style made it very accessible & easy to digest. Real life and relatable examples kept it relevant & engaging. Great to use my real projects for the exercises too.”
LPM Training Course Agenda
- What is Good Project Management
- The Project Team
- The Wellingtone Legal Project Management Framework
- Lifecycle Phase: Initiate
- Lifecycle Phase: Planning
- Lifecycle Phase: Delivery Phase
- Stakeholder Management & Project Reporting
- Lifecycle Phase: Closure
- Successful Legal Project Management
View full agenda HERE
About the Legal Project Management Training Course
The course assumes no formal existing knowledge of project management but assumes delegates have been involved or understand legal matters such as a transaction or case.
The LPM training objectives are:
- To introduce delegates to Legal Project Management and the benefits of employing this approach. The course introduces delegates to the Wellingtone LPM framework; including project life cycle, stage gates, project roles & responsibilities, project governance, managing scope changes, LPM document templates and LPM Toolkit
- To provide delegates with practical skills in project management, including; planning, risk management, resource estimating & assigning, progress, cost & earned value tracking, stakeholder engagement and project communication
- To challenge delegates to think as Project Managers and change their way of working
The Legal Project Management course includes many practical exercises and discussions with some of the exercises being team based and others for the individual to complete.
Delegates would use their own legal practice experience when completing course exercises to ensure they can see how techniques can be applied immediately to their day to day work.
Download the full Legal Project Management Training brochure HERE
To discuss legal project management training with us today, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.