Resource Management – Microsoft Project Server
Do the following resource management issues sound familiar:
- Confusion over where resources are assigned?
- Lack of visibility on resource demand and capacity?
- Complicated spread sheets to track resources?
If so you’re not alone! A recent report highlighted that one of the biggest project management problems facing organisations today is project resource management specifically project resource tracking / planning & allocating project resource.
This is an issue that we encounter often with organisations from all sectors and of all sizes.
We typically find that organisations use a standalone resource management solution which sits independently of any project plans and requires rekeying of data which can and does lead to anomalies.
We have also seen some extravagant uses of Excel to aid in resource management, however emailing the spread sheet around to get updates isn’t the most sophisticated way in which to track project resources and it requires substantial manual effort!
Project Resource visibility in realtime
Microsoft Project Server provides you with the ability to answer questions such as:
- How much project resource do we have?
- Which projects are our resources working on?
- How much resource capacity do we have?
- What happens if we take on 3 more projects?
- Where do we have potential project resource conflicts?
- How many resources do we have with a certain skill?
- What is the cost of all this resource per project?