How confident are you that your portfolio of projects will be completed on time, on budget and deliver the expected benefits? More importantly, how confident are your stakeholders about it?
APM Accredited Assurance Practitioner Course
The APM Accredited Assurance Practitioner training course is a specialist course that provides a comprehensive and practical view of the strategies, competencies required, and tools and techniques available to design, set up and deliver effective and integrated project assurance in organisations.
The course will provide confidence to stakeholders that projects in the portfolio will achieve their scope, time, cost and quality objectives, and realise their benefits.
For Practitioners, by Practitioners.
The two-day Wellingtone Assurance Practitioner training course is Accredited by Association for Project Management; the Chartered Body for the Profession.
The course syllabus is aligned to the Association for Project Management (APM) Body of Knowledge 6th Edition which offers a balanced view across the many facets that relate to the project management profession.
Additionally, the course draws upon specialist relevant project assurance content such as the APM’s Measures for Assuring Projects and best practices from the Cabinet Office’s Infrastructure and Projects Authority (IPA), including guidance on the OGC’s Gateway Reviews.
The independent assessment conducted by the APM on this course, assures delegates that the course is unbiased, inclusive, and current, in that it touches on industry trends as well as established ways of working.
It emphasises an approach of ‘learning by doing’, which sees delegates using a case study from end-to-end, enabling the doing of the right projects in the right way, and allowing opportunities to develop certain key soft skills relevant to Project Assurance Practitioners, such as giving and receiving feedback.
The Assurance Practitioner course was designed and developed by recognised Assurance practitioners and is aimed at individuals who have exposure to a P3CM setting (Portfolio, Programme, Project, and Change Management), and want to gain additional knowledge and experience on the discipline of project assurance.
- Introduction to Integrated Assurance
- The Principles of Integrated Assurance
- The Organisational Landscape of Integrated Assurance
- The Dimensions of Integrated Assurance
- The Levels of P3 Integrated Assurance
- Integrated Assurance Review Types
- Integrated Assurance Tools and Techniques
- Developing an Integrated Assurance Model
- Implementing the Integrated Assurance Plan
- Integrated Assurance Competencies
At the end of day two, delegates will undertake a 1-hour multiple choice assessment and successful candidates will be awarded a certificate.
- Gain a comprehensive view of Project Assurance
- Understand the benefits of integrating Project Assurance
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of those involved in Project Assurance
- Learn how to design an Integrated Assurance Strategy
- Understand the concept of three lines of defence
- Learn how to implement an Integrated Assurance Plan
- Learn how to apply different review types
- Get to know Project Assurance tools and techniques
- Validate and refresh your knowledge of Project Assurance
- Keep your Assurance skills current
- Share good practice (and eventually common pains) and learn from others
- Increase transparency, integration and organisational efficiencies
- Prove your credibility as a certified Assurance Practitioner
Who Should Attend?
- Quality Professionals and Senior Management wishing to introduce and employ Project Integrated Assurance in their organisations
- PMO Professionals performing or wishing to perform Project Assurance functions
- Project Quality Officers and Quality Auditors
- Project Controls Professionals
- Internal Auditors
Interested in attending but want to find out more about the course? We’ve answered your most frequently asked questions HERE.
- Cost for Public Course | £695 per delegate; inclusive of course material, lunch, refreshments and certificate.
- Duration | 2-days between 09.30am – 4.30pm
2019 Courses in London
2019 Courses in Manchester
In-house Assurance Course | Enquire for costs
If you have a group within your organisation looking to do this course, then an in-house course would be more cost-effective and beneficial for you.
I will use many of the approaches to support a parallel road map to mature our approach to risk.
Office for National Statistics
Head of Risk Management
I enjoyed the interactive session and encouragement from Marisa to talk about our team and individual views of assurance, both in theory and in practice. Discussion was encouraged and really helped to embed my learning. The course was very enjoyable.
Office for National Statistics
“As a beginner, this was invaluable – especially the discussions.”
The Open University
“I enjoyed the baselining of our own knowledge. The competency framework and self assessment was personally very useful for building teams. I enjoyed the opportunity to share experiences with others and learn from them.”
The Open University
Senior Assurance Manager
“The course was great for sharing ideas and practices. I now have a better understanding of integrated Assurance and it’s helped me to identify gaps in my own organisation.”
Group Transformation, Delivery Assurance
“The environment allowed for networking and sharing best practice throughout each part of the course. The Wellingtone Trainer was very personable and interacted well with the group.”